More and more families in our community are turning to WayForward Resources for help feeding and clothing their families. Carefully driving a WayForward vehicle to pick up and unload food and clothing collected by local businesses and organizations will help make these critical donations available to WayForward guests.
Be one of the first volunteers to help fill this need when you:
- Represent WayForward values at all times
- Maintain a customer service attitude when interacting with donors
- As an individual or as part of a duo, safely drive, load, unload, and park the WayForward van
- Follow established procedures and the direction of Volunteer Program Manager
- No previous experience is required
- Current driver’s license with at least 5 years of driving experience (no special license is required to drive the WayForward truck or van) and current personal auto insurance
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Able to lift 10 to 40 pounds with willingness to prioritize safety and team lift, as needed
- Commitment to WayForward values including dignity, racial equity, inclusion
Help ensure that WayForward’s food pantry inventory is augmented, maintained, organized, and safe so that guests can receive the nutrition they need to thrive.
You will join an experienced team of volunteers to:
- Represent WayForward’s values during food rescue, food drives, or while unloading food delivery trucks
- Safely label and store incoming food in 3 different temperature zones
- Miscellaneous tasks to keep the warehouse area in the Distribution Center clean, organized, and running smoothly
- Work as part of a team to complete all tasks in a safe manner (including team lifting)
The ideal volunteer will be available for a minimum of one weekly volunteer shift for at least 6 months. Of course, this is with the understanding that a volunteer may need flexibility for vacation, sickness, appointments, etc.