Our New Name
In May 2023, we changed our name to WayForward Resources from Middleton Outreach Ministry (MOM) to remove any potential barriers for clients about who we are and the services we provide.
Our new name is firmly rooted in our existing mission and vision and it also emphasizes our role in meeting the critical needs of our community. Most importantly, it came from insights and feedback we received in interviews with clients, donors, volunteers, community members and staff as well as surveys of our staff and board members.
- Middleton Outreach Ministry (MOM) — while known by many — did not accurately reflect who we are today and the services we provide.
- Our service area has expanded over time to include Middleton, Cross Plains and west Madison for our housing stability programs; our food security programs are open to all of Dane County.
- MOM was established in 1980 by members of local Middleton churches and faith-based organizations continue to support our work. We transitioned to a community-based nonprofit organization in 2007.
Our New Name
- Removes any potential barriers people may face in finding or accessing our services by accurately conveying what we do.
- Emphasizes our role in meeting the critical needs of our community.
- Is firmly rooted in our existing mission and vision; emerged from insights gained from interviews with clients, donors, volunteers, community members and staff.