September 1, 2023
You can take part in #HungerActionMonth
Hunger Action Month is a nationwide initiative to raise awareness of hunger, encourage people to take action towards supporting those facing hunger and address the systemic inequities that can lead to someone being food insecure.
We’re sharing four ways you can get involved and help make a difference.
#1 Donate to your local food pantry
- Shop our Top 10 list and check with other Dane County pantries for their most urgent needs, including: Badger Prairie Needs Network, Goodman Community Center Fritz Food Pantry, The River Food Pantry, Society of St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry and Sun Prairie Emergency Food Pantry.
#2 Wear orange
- Get ready for Go Orange Day on Friday, September 15, and invite others to join us in building a community where everyone has access to nutritious food and the stability to thrive.
#3 Learn more about food insecurity
- Listen to Feeding America’s podcast “Elevating Voices, Ending Hunger”
- Read this recent story from Wisconsin Watch: “Support for food insecurity rose during the pandemic, but Wisconsin families now left with patchwork of solutions to hunger”
- Get the basics on Food Security from the Wisconsin Food Security Project at UW-Madison
#4 Organize a food drive!
- Food drives are one of the ways we keep our shelves stocked with a variety of options for people who shop the pantry. You can organize a drive in your office, school, sports team, faith community, neighborhood or other group. Get started now