Volunteers in this assignment represent WayForward to food and clothing donors.
More and more families in our community are turning to WayForward Resources for help feeding and clothing their families. Your kind & friendly demeanor as you welcome donors and accept, weigh and record their donations will help make these critical resources quickly available to WayForward guests.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
▪ Warmly greet food and clothing donors and follow established messaging outline
▪ Connect with a WayForward Development Team Member, as needed
▪ Help donors fill out a donation slip and make sure the information is complete
▪ Sort food donations, as time permits
▪ Clean and tidy volunteer area at end of shift
▪ Take carts of clothing to the Clothing Center at the end of the shift.
▪ Dependable with a service-oriented mindset
▪ Comfortable and prepared for the ebb and flow of donations
▪ Willingness to follow established and evolving procedures
▪ Ability to graciously interact with donors at all times (even during busy periods or stressful situations)
▪ Able to volunteer with minimal supervision
▪ Available for a minimum of one regular shift of 1.5 to 3 hours (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) for at least 6 months with the understanding that a volunteer may need flexibility for vacations, sickness, appointments, etc.
▪ No previous experience is required
▪ Must be 16+ years of age
▪ Ability to stand, walk, bend, and lift throughout the shift
▪ Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
▪ Commitment to WayForward values including dignity, racial equity, inclusion
▪ Strict adherence to WayForward donor/guest confidentiality policy
"*" indicates required fields