Online Interest Form For Prospective Board Members
We are seeking volunteers who will be ambassadors for our mission of creating food and housing security through board governance. Your diversity of identity, lived or work experience, and perspectives will be valued in the discussions and decisions our board navigates in supporting our vision.
Interest forms are the first step in the process and for this recruitment cycle, and are due on December 1, 2023. Please review the application to learn more about our priorities for this cycle. We encourage everyone who has interest to apply by completing the form linked at the bottom of the page. While we don’t have room on the board for everyone who has interest, we hope that a continued conversation throughout the process will also open other opportunities and help you learn more about the organization. You can also choose to remove your application at any time in the process if it no longer feels like a good fit for your own interests.
The full process for bringing new board members into the organization will also include:
- A conversation with a member of our Board Nominating Committee
- A conversation with our Executive Director
- A tour of our facility
- A review of your completed interest form
- A vote by the Board of Directors.
Board terms begin at the end of April, coinciding with our new fiscal year. Terms are three years and can be renewed twice.
To express your interest in being elected to the WayForward Resources board, please:
- Review Board Member Roles and Responsibilities, WayForward’s Mission and Values, as well as our Racial Equity statement, to determine fit and prepare for a conversation with us.
- Complete the following form, outlining what you would bring to the Board and helping us understand your interest.