Clean Team – Food Pantry
Help ensure that WayForward’s food pantry inventory is augmented, maintained, organized, and safe so that guests can receive the nutrition they need to thrive.
You will join an experienced team of volunteers to:
- Represent WayForward’s values during food rescue, food drives, or while unloading food delivery trucks
- Safely label and store incoming food in 3 different temperature zones
- Miscellaneous tasks to keep the warehouse area in the Distribution Center clean, organized, and running smoothly
- Work as part of a team to complete all tasks in a safe manner (including team lifting)
The ideal volunteer will be available for a minimum of one weekly volunteer shift for at least 6 months. Of course, this is with the understanding that a volunteer may need flexibility for vacation, sickness, appointments, etc.
- Successful background check
- Comfortable standing/walking for 2 hours
- Can lift 20 pounds
- This is an active position
- Ability to stand entire shift
- Comfortable working in a small team environment Ability to work efficiently, with minimal supervision
"*" indicates required fields